Another Holiday Recipe--Egg Nog Cupcakes

I had to share this recipe. It is so yummy! My kids that like egg nog really liked these cupcakes. My kids that don't like egg nog thought these were okay. My hubby and I loved them!


I found this recipe at Six Sisters Stuff. The recipe says to make mini cupcakes, but I didn't have the time to make that many. I made regular sized cupcakes and baked them for 18 minutes instead of the called for 8-10 minutes.

Ingredients
  • Cupcakes:
  • 1 (16 ounce) box white cake mix
  • 1¼ cups egg nog
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Frosting:
  • ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
  • ¼ cup egg nog
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 4 to 5 cups powdered sugar (until you reach desired consistency)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg nog, eggs, nutmeg and vanilla. Whisk together until just combined.
  3. Spoon batter into a mini cupcake pan filled with paper liners or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Fill each cupcake ⅔ of the way full.
  4. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until barely golden brown.
  5. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
  6. For the frosting:
  7. In a large bowl, cream together butter, egg nog, vanilla, and nutmeg.
  8. Mix in powdered sugar one cup at a time.
  9. Spread or pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 inch Stacker

New Quilt

Accessories